About the course
In this course, we will learn about how the inspiration or need for travel is generated in different types of travellers and gradually follow their journey through the planning stage, booking stage and onwards to the plane and their return home. At each step, we’ll look at what systems are airlines using to influence decisions, highlighting best practices and using real-life examples from over 20 different airlines.
6 modules covering every step of a traveller’s lifecycle
40+ lessons featuring interviews with leaders and practitioners
Real-life examples from 20+ world-class airlines
Introduction - what makes airline marketing different
- Let's understand what makes airline marketing different FREE PREVIEW
- An outdoor industry operating at extreme speeds FREE PREVIEW
- Expectations and ghosts from the glorious past
- The basics of 6X Airline Branding Model
- You've now completed the first module!
- Good reads and resources
Module 1: Dream stage
- Welcome to the Dream Stage FREE PREVIEW
- Understanding the motivations behind travel FREE PREVIEW
- Marketing to leisure travellers
- Longing to be with a loved one or in a place we miss
- Business travellers - how are they different?
- The first spark - how airlines make people want to travel
- Traditional advertisements vs social media
- DEEP DIVE: Vueling's fun-focused approach to destination marketing
- Creating relationships between the local environment and the destination
- Using emotions as motivators for travel
- INTERVIEW: behind the scenes of #WestJetChristmas with StudioM's Mike Mills
- Working with partners and reducing costs
- You've now completed the Dream stage
- Good reads and resources
Module 2: Planning stage
- Welcome to the Planning stage FREE PREVIEW
- Why airline brands matter and how they influence travel FREE PREVIEW
- Price focused airline brands
- Airlines focused on quality
- Kindness as a brand
- Secondary dreaming
- [Case Study] Icelandair stopover program
- You've now completed the Planning stage
Module 3: Booking stage
- Welcome to the Booking stage FREE PREVIEW
- What each passenger type cares for FREE PREVIEW
- How LCCs are attracting business travellers
- DEEP DIVE: Volaris' revolutionary approach to sales
- Price communication: preventing misunderstandings in the sales process
- Creative price communication
- Handing over the customer from Marketing/Sales to Operations
- The importance of CRMs
- Why contact details will make a difference in disruption management
- Using Auctions
- You've now completed the booking stage
Module 4: Travel stage
- Welcome to the Travel stage FREE PREVIEW
- Keeping people updated and in-touch
- The importance of monitoring systems
- DEEP DIVE 1 of 3 : Singapore Airlines' customer service culture FREE PREVIEW
- DEEP DIVE 2 of 3: Above and beyond customer service at Delta
- DEEP DIVE 3 of 3: How KLM created brand awareness through creative customer service for everyone
- How airports make money and why it matters to airlines
- Improving the airport experience
- In-flight customer service
- Engaging passengers on the flight
- Keeping the airline’s brand present while at the destination
- When things go wrong: a brief overview of airline crisis communication
- Congratulations on completing the travel stage
Module 5: Back home
- Welcome to the final stage FREE PREVIEW
- Basic customer service tips
- Encouraging the sharing of positive experiences
- Congratulations on completing the final module!
Some of the featured airline case studies
Want to be a certified airline marketeer?
Enroll in the "Airline Marketing Fundamentals" course now
Who is running the SimpliFlying Global Institute?
The institute is run by SimpliFlying, a consulting company specialized in aviation marketing and communication with over 10 years of experience in the industry. The courses are taught by our consultants and selected industry specialists.
Should I take this course?
Certainly. In fact, this course has been attended by over 1000 airline marketing executives before you in the form of a SimpliFlying Masterclass.
I've attended your masterclass before. Is there any point in me taking this course?
Aviation is a fast-changing industry and we keep our courses constantly updated for this very reason. If you have taken a masterclass within the past year you might not need it but if more time has passed we suggest you do.
Will I get a certificate upon completion?
That's up to you! If you choose the Airline Marketing Fundamentals - Certified course, which includes interactive airline marketing simulation quizzes, then you will be awarded with a certificate upon completion.
I want to buy it for my team. Is there a group option?
If you are interested in a team package, we have some options available depending on team size and on your requirements. We can also do an in-house training for your team. Reach out to us for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once I start the course, how much time do I have to complete it?
What types of payment are accepted?
We accept credit card payments using PayPal and Stripe.
What is your refund policy?
We take great pride in the quality of our courses -- and, your satisfaction is our goal. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the choice, you are eligible to receive a refund at any moment.