Understand how to communicate in a crisis
Evaluate your crisis readiness
Featuring case studies and detailed timelines from real airline crises
Provides a framework to understand airline crises
- About the Airline Crisis Communications course FREE PREVIEW
- A warm welcome by Shashank Nigam
- The speed of crises - and why the golden hour no longer exists
- TYPES OF CRISES: Crashes
- TYPES OF CRISES: Brand focused crises
- TYPES OF CRISES: Operational crises
- Timeline of an airline crisis - a real-life example
- The stages of a crisis from breaking news to brand reactivation
- The personas of an airline crises, from trolls and family members to the stuck passenger phenomenon
- Where will the news come from?
- The importance of social media monitoring
- Command centres and the link between communications and operations
- Flight tracking websites
- Internal escalation and verification
- What happens when there's a mistake: TransaSia/TransaVia case
- EXERCISE: Craft an initial response to these two situations
- EXERCISE ANALYSIS: Key elements to look for in your response + the real life stories behind the examples
- A good response, learning from Emirates
- The role of airports
- Crash investigators and other authorities
- Humanity and Leadership - Learning from Tony Fernandez and Air Asia Flight 8501
- When the media focuses on an individual’s victim- Examples from QZ8501
- Dark pages and going grey
- Channelling grief and condolences - the Germanwings case
- Information hubs and prolonged crises - lessons from MH370
- INTERVIEW: Testing an airline readiness - a conversation with a SimpliFlying consultant
- A gradual reactivation - more lessons from Air Asia
- Re-starting sales - more lessons from Malaysia Airlines
- EXERCISE: You just lost a puppy !
- EXERCISE ANALYSIS: Key elements to look for in your response + the real life story behind the exercise
- The logic of emotions, understanding the United Airlines / David Dao case
- Honest mistakes - how US Airways successfully handled the accidental tweeting of an X-rated image
- Spotting crises before they happen - and what a KLM crisis from 2013 can teach us about it
- When an airline gets hacked
- Trust issues - recovering customer trust after a major outage/problem
- CASE STUDY: how two Canadian airlines responded to a wildfire that closed an airport
- How to handle unexpected strikes - Lessons from Avianca
Who is running the SimpliFlying Global Institute?
The institute is run by SimpliFlying, a consulting company specialized in aviation marketing and communication with over 10 years of experience in the industry. The courses are taught by our consultants and selected industry specialists.
Should I take this course?
Certainly. In fact, this course has been attended by over 1000 airline marketing executives before you in the form of a SimpliFlying Masterclass.
I've attended your masterclass before. Is there any point in me taking this course?
Aviation is a fast-changing industry and we keep our courses constantly updated for this very reason. If you have taken a masterclass within the past year you might not need it but if more time has passed we suggest you do.
I want to buy it for my team. Is there a group option?
If you are interested in a team package we have some options available depending on team size and on your requirements. You can reach out to us for more information at email@example.com.
I signed up, what happens next?
This course is under construction and will become available on the 1st of February 2019. As soon as the course is available you will be able to start the lessons.
Why should I sign up now if the course isn’t available yet?
To save money! Anyone who signs up before the course becomes available has access to our special 99 USD launch price.
Once I start the course, how much time do I have to complete it?
What types of payment are accepted?
We accept credit card payments using PayPal and Stripe.
What is your refund policy?
We take great pride in the quality of our courses -- and, your satisfaction is our goal. If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with the choice, you are eligible to receive a refund at any moment.